Campus ClosureDuring the Campus facilities closure, we will be hosting Equity Online. Please join our public FLC Equity Center-Canvas Course to stay connected.
Join us in the Equity Center! Why Equity? We are multi-issue, intersectional, and want students to be able to bring their full selves into our space. We strive to create a welcoming, non-judgemental environment where our campus community can learn together on how to better support our disproportionately impacted (DI) populations.
Students of color, LGBTQIA+, 1 st generation, low-income, foster youth, undocumented students, veterans, and other vulnerable populations are an important part of our campus. We want to ensure they feel supported and connected to succeed at the same rates as other Falcons, who may face fewer barriers to success.
Get to Know Us
Get involved and:
- Invite us to present a workshop or lead a training
- Attend events, workshops, and trainings
- Refer students or employees who need support
- Build community, get engaged, collaborate with equity-minded
- Mentor others or receive mentorship
- Help improve campus climate and reach equity-related goals
- Learn more about equity work at FLC
The Equity Center is born out of the Diversity and Equity Committee (DEC). All are welcome to attend DEC meetings, contact us for more information.
Let's Meet Up!
Join our Canvas page and learn more about the Equity Center, our work, events, related clubs and how you can get engaged in equity work. We look forward to seeing you!
- Complete the Basic Needs Survey if you need access to free food and toiletries from our pantry
- Online medical and mental health available to students through FLC Telehealth
- Find out more about tutoring and get help with study skills through the Tutoring Center
- Get help with registration and e-services at the Welcome and Student Success Center
- Get tech support at the Student Tech Support Desk
- The Library is available to assist with research, help find books, articles and more
- Promote your club event or post flyers to outreach to new members
- Attend educational and community building events designed to ensure you are connected and supported to succeed
- Los Rios Black Solidarity: Breonna Taylor Flyer #SayHerName
- Unsung Heroes Saluting the Legacies of African Americans in the Military Zoom
- Unsung Heroes Saluting the Legacies of African Americans in the Military Flyer
- 3-Tier Equity Welcome Flyer
- Los Rios Community Forum: Anti-Asian Pathogen Racism Flyer
- Open Mic: Courageous Healing in Traumatic Times Flyer
- Los Rios Pride Flyer
ARC Pride Center
LGBTQ+ resources at American River College
CRC Dream Center
Undocumented resources and support at Cosumnes River College
Equity Center Resource Guide
Search for local resources related to Food Insecurity, Housing Insecurity, LGBTQIA+, Mental Health, Undocumented Scholars, and more. Please contact us to suggest edits or additions to this GoogleSheet.
Los Rios Cultural Celebrations
Asian Pacific Islander (API) Scholars Rising Ceremony, Celebration of Excellence & Achievement for Students of African Descent, Honrando a Nuestros Estudiantes, Lavender Celebration, Native Student Celebration.
SCC Undocu-Resource Program
Sexual Violence & Title IX at Los Rios
Resources and district policies committed to creating and maintaining a safe environment free of sexual harassment and violence.
online therapy for marginalized and instersectional communities. Calls, video calls, texting. Ayana Therapy helps people of color find therapists from their same cultural background, who can relate to your experience.
National Suicide Prevention Helpline
Free confidential support, 24/7
1 (800) 273-8255 or chat live
1 (888) 628-9494 en Español
1 (800) 799-4889 for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Trans-identified peer support for transgender or gender questioning callers.
7:00 am to 1:00 am
1 (877) 865-8860
Free confidential support for LGBTQ+ youth
1 (866) 488-7386 or chat live
For text support, text START to 678678.
Equity, Diversity & Social Justice Events
from 12:00 to 1:00 pm
Zoom audio/video conferencing
from 1:00 to 2:00 pm