EOPS, CARE & NextUp
Folsom Lake College extends the opportunity of attending higher education to those from educationally and economically, academically, and disadvantaged backgrounds. We not only strive to increase access to college but to commit resources to the retention of these underrepresented groups. Our staff is committed to working with each student so that they can reach their educational, career, and life goals.
- CA Resident
- Enrolled in 12 units
- Completed less than 70 degree-applicable units
- Qualify for CCPG Fee Waiver A, B, or C (if EFC=0)
- Educationally disadvantaged as determined by Title V criteria
- Eligible and admitted into EOPS
- At least 18 years old
- Single parent or head-of-household
- Receiving CalWORKs / TANF cash aid for self and/or dependent child
- CA Resident
- Verified foster care placement on or after 13th birthday
- Less than 26 years old at the start of the academic year (Fall + Spring) or previous enrollment in NextUp
- Enrolled in at least 1 class at Folsom Lake College
- Financial Aid file connected to Folsom Lake College
In order to be eligible for EOPS at Folsom Lake College, you must meet ALL of the following:
- Be a California Resident or Dream Act Student
- Enrolled in 12 semester units (certain exceptions apply)
- Have completed less than 70 degree applicable units
- Receive the California College Promise Grant A, B or C (with EFC=0)
In addition, you must meet ONE of the following:
- Placed in or have taken basic English, Math or ESL classes
- High School or college GPA of 2.49 or below
- Did not receive G.E.D. or pass high school equivalency exam
- Being the first in your family to attend college
All CARE students must first be admitted into EOPS. Additionally, you must meet ALL of the following:
- Be a single parent, head of household
- Receiving TANF/CalWORKs cash aid for self and/or child
- Have at least one dependent child
All NextUp students must first be admitted into EOPS. Additionally, you must meet ALL of the following:
- Current or former California foster youth whose dependency was established or continued by the court on/after your 13th birthday
- Under 26 years old at the start of the academic year
- Enrolled in at least 9 units (certain exceptions apply)
- Apply to Folsom Lake College
- Complete and submit the online application packet, which includes the following required documents:
- Online EOPS Application
- A copy of your high school and/or college transcripts.
- English and Math placement results.
- A copy of your California College Promise Grant A, B, or C Fee Waiver. Note: If you receive version C, your EFC must be 0.
- A copy of your Student Ed Plan (SEP) created with a counselor. *Must include next semester.
- A copy of your class schedule for next semester.
- Once you are admitted to the EOPS program, attend a required EOPS orientation.
In order to stay in good standing with EOPS and be eligible to receive all services we offer, students will be held responsible for meeting the following program requirements:
- Fulfill all 3 EOPS contacts each semester (2 with an EOPS Academic Counselor and 1 with an EOPS Advisor).
- Enroll in 12 units each semester (unit load accommodations can be made for students receiving services from DSPS).
- Complete 9 units or more each semester with a term GPA of 2.00 or higher (unit load accommodations can be made for students receiving services from DSPS or designated ESL).
If at any point in the semester a student feels that they will not be able to meet any of these responsibilities, EOPS will be happy to meet with the student to discuss options and services.
In-Person and Remote Hours
Monday through Friday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Remote Only Hours
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Main Folsom campus
Aspen Hall FL1-108 (Center for Excellence)
El Dorado Center
Rancho Cordova Center
RCC1 (Front Counter)