Skip to Content


Campus Closure

In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Los Rios Colleges have begun 100% remote operations including moving all classes and student services online until further notice.

Center for Excellence Zoom Drop-in
Meeting ID: 92485797863
Zoom Link:

Click-in anytime on Wednesdays from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Join us on Zoom for quick questions as if you walked into the Center for Excellence. We are here to support you!

Make an Online CalWORKs Appointment

mom and son hugging

CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) is a statewide public assistance program that provides cash aid and services to eligible families that have a child or children in the home.

What is the FLC CalWORKs program? 

Folsom Lake College's CalWORKs program is an on-campus student support program providing well-rounded, high-quality service, care, and advocacy to all program-eligible students and their families.


  • Enrolled in a minimum of one unit at Folsom Lake College
  • Currently receiving cash aid (adult and dependent) from one of California's 58 counties. Verified through the submission of the  CalWORKs Aid Verification Form (valid only with signature, date, and stamp from a County Worker/Employment Advisor)

How to Apply

Steps to Apply for CalWORKs

New Students (individuals wishing to join the CalWORKs program effective Spring 2019)

We are excited to support you! Please make sure your Spring 2019 TANF/Aid Verification form is signed and stamped by your county worker as proof of eligibility in the month of January 2019 or thereafter for Spring 2019, before any textbook or enrollment verification services can be rendered for this semester.

Step 1: Complete FLC CalWORKs Program Paperwork
  1. Adobe PDFFLC CalWORKs Application (PDF)
  2. Adobe PDFSpring 2019 CalWORKs TANF/Aid Verification Form (PDF)
    (your worker must sign and stamp in the same month for which services and support are requested - no services can be provided without this document)
Step 2: CalWORKs Student Educational Plan
  • Once you have completed the required program paperwork, please stop by the CalWORKs offices at FLC, EDC, or RCC to schedule a 30-minute counseling appointment. You and a counselor will create a one-semester CalWORKs specific Integrated Student Educational Plan which will meet your counties' requirements.
  • Register in at least one eligible class from your current student educational plan.
Step 3: FLC CalWORKs Intake

Contact your FLC CalWORKs office to meet with a representative for your program Intake. They will review your documents and eligibility, discuss your academic schedule and county requirements, provide you with program orientation information, and answer any questions you may have.

Required Items                                                     

  • FLC CalWORKs program paperwork
  • CalWORKs Integrated Student Educational Plan 
  • Registration and enrollment in classes for the current semester

Optional Items

  • Welfare to Work Plan
  • Financial Aid Award Information (Student Aid Report)
  • Previous College Transcripts

Services Provided


We are happy to connect you with counselors who can assist you in planning your academic journey.

Students will receive information on the county-approved list of vocational programs available to them, as well as information on general education, graduation requirements, and transfer options.

Academic Guidance and Monitoring

CalWORKs Specialists are available to help you in the following ways:

  • Answering questions you may have about FLC CalWORKs, entering our program, or negotiating the college enrollment process.
  • Information regarding your rights, responsibilities, and requirements concerning county CalWORKs and FLC CalWORKs.
  • Completing county documents such as textbook and enrollment verifications, and providing guidance calculating hours.
  • Providing employment service opportunities such as job search, resume, cover letter writing, on and off campus work-study, etc.
  • Locating and referring students to appropriate services and resources both on and off campus.
  • Providing a point of contact and collaboration for county case workers and CalWORKs/TANF recipients to facilitate successful program completion, lifelong self-sufficiency, and empowerment.


Interested in working on or off campus to help meet your county requirements? FLC CalWORKs provides work-study opportunities for eligible students looking for employment. Income earned from these opportunities is exempt from cash aid or food stamp deductions. Once you are in the FLC CalWORKs program, let your FLC CalWORKs Specialist know you are interested in finding out more.

General Services

FLC CalWORKs provides students with an assortment of educational and transportation resources such as:

  • Supply vouchers
  • General educational supplies
  • Gas cards (per availability & funding)

Advocacy and Support

Our collaborative relationships with the Department of Human Assistance in Sacramento County and the Department of Human Services in El Dorado County allow us to work as a team to ensure CalWORKs students are being served effectively as they successfully transition to the work-force.



Main Folsom campus
(916) 608-6560

El Dorado Center
(530) 642-5648

Rancho Cordova Center
(916) 361-6305

CalWORKs Staff


Main Folsom campus
Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 4:30 pm

El Dorado Center
Monday to Thursday:
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Rancho Cordova Center
Monday to Thursday:
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
8:30 am to 4:30 pm


Main Folsom campus
Temporary Location: Aspen Hall FL1-8

El Dorado Center
B-121 (Student Services Reception)

Rancho Cordova Center
RCC1 (Front Counter)