Skip to Content
Home Admissions Get Started and Apply Dual Enrollment Admission and Enrollment Steps

Dual Enrollment: High School or Adult School Admission and Enrollment Steps

Dual Enrollment is a program that allows current high school and adult school students to take classes at Folsom Lake College. Dual Enrollment students may enroll in 11 units each semester (across the Los Rios district). Applications must be submitted to each individual college.

Note: The term "Dual Enrollment" is replacing "Advanced Education" beginning in Summer 2023. For more definitions, see Los Rios Administrative Regulation R-2212.


  • The student has started the 9th grade or will be at least 14 years old by the first day of instruction (visit the Academic Calendar to find the first day of the full term).
  • The course the student wants to take is not available at their high school (applies to the summer term only).
  • The student is prepared for advanced study as recommended by the high school principal or their designee.
  • If a high school student, then the student has parental consent to be admitted and enrolled at the college.

Note: Your high school may have a College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP) agreement with the Los Rios Community College District that establishes pathways of courses that meet specific goals. Students participating in CCAP Dual Enrollment programming are required to submit the Special Admit Form described on this page.

Application Timelines

Spring 2024

  • Priority registration for dual enrollment applicants is December 14 and 15, 2023. Open enrollment starts December 19, 2023.
  • Spring term starts January 13, 2024.
  • Applicants are encouraged to submit dual enrollment applications through the online submission link by Monday, January 8, 2024. 
  • Applications for late-start classes will be accepted through March 13, 2024.
  • Students may apply after this date, but enrollment will be limited to courses that have not yet started or courses in which the student has obtained permission from the instructor to enroll.

Not a Dual Enrollment Student?

If you are not a Dual Enrollment student, then you may need to follow different steps. Find out what type of student you are and get the correct steps for you!

What Type of Student Are You?

Apply to Folsom Lake College

Create an OpenCCC account using a personal email (or log in if you already have an account) and fill out the online application for Folsom Lake College. As a Dual Enrollment student, select enrolling in high school and college at the same time.

Students who submit an application without a social security number (SSN), work authorization SSN, or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) will need to fill out a Student ID Help Form to process their application and receive their student ID number.

Continuing/Current Students

If you are a continuing (current) student, then you need to submit a supplemental enrollment form each semester instead of a CCCApply application. You can find the Supplemental Enrollment Form in eServices (click on the Tasks tile). The form asks you to review and update your contact information, education goal, and major.

Students Must Reside in California

Students who are not physically located in California may not enroll in online courses offered by Folsom Lake College. Folsom Lake College is not authorized to provide education outside the boundaries of the State of California.

For Assistance

Apply to FLC

Set Up eServices and Los Rios Gmail

eServices is Los Rios' online student portal where students manage their information, records, classes, and more.

After your application is processed, you will receive an email with your Los Rios student ID number (also known as a "W" number or "wID"). This is a seven-digit number with a preceding "W"; for example, W0000001.

You will use your Los Rios ID and password to log in to multiple services, including Canvas, eServices, Los Rios Gmail, and instructional lab computers.

Create Password

Complete the Special Admit Form

Download the Special Admit Form; then read and complete the student/parent portion of the form, as applicable.

Download the Special Admit Form.

Note: Download the form to your computer and complete it in an application such as Adobe Acrobat or Preview. Do not fill out the form in your internet browser window.

The form allows students to list up to six classes. These courses should be listed in order of preference with the number of courses requested, and these recommendations will be used by the Admissions office to enroll students as course availability allows.

The Special Admit Form requires a signature for parental consent (if you are a high school student) and a recommendation/signature by your high school counselor or authorized designee.

You may enroll in a maximum of eleven units per semester across the Los Rios colleges.

Meet With a High School or Adult School Official

Meet with your high school counselor (or designee) to discuss prospective courses you wish to take and obtain a recommendation to attend community college.

Your high school counselor will complete their portion of the form with their signature and return to you.

Submit Special Admit Form

Submit your Special Admit Form by uploading it using the online submission form. We recommend that you use your personal email address and not your school email, as your school firewall may not allow external emails.

The submission must contain:

  • Completed Special Admit Form (PDF), including up to six courses with the Class Name and Class Number (example: SOC 300/#22323).
  • Unofficial high school transcript and/or AP test scores, as appropriate – if requesting English or math classes.
  • Private school affidavit, when applicable.

Submit Special Admit Form

Check Your Email for Confirmation and Enrollment Information

You will receive an email notification when your Special Admit Form has been processed.

If approved, then Admissions and Records will process your request and send you an email confirmation with the enrollment status and any action steps for you to take.

Pay Your Fees

Pay your fees after you are enrolled in classes.

Tuition fees are waived* for Dual Enrollment students – however, you are responsible for paying the rest of your fees, including the Universal Transit Pass (UTP) and student representation fees.

You can see how much you owe and pay your fees in eServices. From your dashboard, click Financial Account, then Account Balance.

* Tuition fees are not waived for international students.

Pay Fees in eServices

Email Steps

Get Help