Skip to Content
Home Admissions Get Started and Apply One- or Two-Term Student Admission and Enrollment Steps

One- or Two-Term Student Admission and Enrollment Steps

Interested in only taking a few classes at Folsom Lake College? Follow these steps to enroll for just one or two terms.

A few examples of the types of students these steps are for:

  • Current college/university students who want to take classes to satisfy university requirements
  • People who want to take a few classes for personal or professional development
  • Students prepping for graduate school classes

Apply to Folsom Lake College

Create an OpenCCC account using a personal email (or log in if you already have an account) and fill out the online application for Folsom Lake College.

Students who submit an application without a social security number (SSN), work authorization SSN, or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) will need to fill out a Student ID Help Form to process their application and receive their student ID number.

High School Seniors

If your high school completion date is before June and you are applying for the summer or fall semester, then enter the information on your application as if you have already graduated. Please note the “as of” dates outlined throughout the application.

Selecting a Major/Goal

If you're unsure what you want to study, explore careers with PathwayU – a free tool for students to explore where their interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences intersect with career fields and programs of study available at Folsom Lake College. Start by completing the simple PathwayU assessments and see where the results take you!

Students who select "undecided" as their major/goal are not eligible for financial aid. We encourage you to select what you are most interested in right now.

Students Must Reside in California

Students who are not physically located in California may not enroll in online courses offered by Folsom Lake College. Folsom Lake College is not authorized to provide education outside the boundaries of the State of California.

Apply to FLC

Save Money – Apply for Financial Aid

Financial aid is any source of funds that help you pay for college. We recommend that you submit a financial aid application to see what you qualify for! 

Folsom Lake College's federal school code is 038713.

The FAFSA is the gateway to most federal and state financial aid opportunities for US citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens, including:

Learn More About Financial Aid

Set Up eServices and Los Rios Gmail

eServices is Los Rios' online student portal where students manage their information, records, classes, and more.

After your application is processed, you will receive an email with your Los Rios student ID number (also known as a "W" number or "wID"). This is a seven-digit number with a preceding "W"; for example, W0000001.

You will use your Los Rios ID and password to log in to multiple services, including Canvas, eServices, Los Rios Gmail, and instructional lab computers.

Create Password

Check Your Math and English Placement

Your placement helps you determine which math, English, or English as a Second Language (ESL) courses you should enroll in.

Students can check their placement in eServices.

  1. From your eServices dashboard, click Academic Records.
  2. Click Placements to view your math and English placements.

Recent High School Graduates

If you graduated high school less than 10 years ago and you provided your GPA and the last math and English classes you took in high school on your application, then your placement information is automatically updated in eServices.

Older High School Graduates and Others

If any of the following are true for you, then you may need to submit your high school transcripts or use the guided self-placement process to receive your math and English placement:

  • Graduated high school more than 10 years ago
  • Left high school without graduating
  • Did not enter your high school information on your application
  • Attended a foreign high school

Learn About Placement

Submit Your Transcripts

If you attended a college outside of Los Rios, then you can provide college transcripts to help with the enrollment process.

Math and English Prerequisite Clearance

Prerequisites for all 300-level mathematics courses (MATH and STAT) and English courses (ENGWR, ENGED, and ENGCW) must be cleared prior to enrollment.

If you completed the equivalent prerequisite course with a grade of "C" or better at a college or university that is on the Los Rios Math Prerequisite Clearance List or English Prerequisite Clearance List then do the following:

If you did not find your course on the prerequisite clearance list but believe you have the knowledge or ability to succeed in an English or math course through other college/university coursework (or other credentials), then you may challenge the prerequisite via the challenge process. Follow the guidelines set forth and submit your form to the English or math department. If approved, then the department will clear you to enroll.

Challenge a Prerequisite or Corequisite (Other Than English and Math Courses)

If you have not completed the prerequisite or corequisite of a course at a Los Rios college but believe you qualify to enroll in the course because of other coursework or knowledge, then you may challenge a prerequisite or corequisite through the instructional department. You may submit the Prerequisite Challenge Form and unofficial transcripts as evidence.

Foreign Transcript Evaluation

Students who want to use coursework from a foreign college or university need to have their transcript(s) evaluated. We do not give credit for coursework that is from high school, remedial, or post-baccalaureate in nature.

When to Submit Official Transcripts

Folsom Lake College requires official transcripts and test scores from colleges and universities outside of Los Rios if your goal is to petition for a degree or certificate from FLC. Official transcripts are also required if you apply for financial aid or veterans' educational benefits.

Submit Transcripts

Enroll in Classes

You can enroll in classes online via eServices during or after your enrollment appointment window.

You will be assigned an enrollment appointment, which is the earliest date and time you can enroll in classes. You can find your enrollment appointment in eServices.

You can enroll in classes at multiple Los Rios colleges. To do this, log in to eServices and follow these steps:

  1. Click Manage Classes.
  2. Click Add Another College.
  3. Follow the instructions to add the college where you want to take classes for the selected term.

Enroll in Classes

Pay Your Fees

Pay your fees soon after you enroll to avoid being dropped.

Your tuition and fees are due soon after you enroll in classes. You may be dropped if your fees are not paid by the fee payment deadline. This is true even if you enroll in a class that starts later in the semester.

You can see how much you owe in eServices. From your dashboard, click Financial Account, then Account Balance.

Pay Fees in eServices

Email Steps

Get Help