Skip to Content

Unofficial Transcripts and Test Scores

Students can submit unofficial transcripts from colleges and universities outside of Los Rios – as well as unofficial test scores – to use for educational planning with a counselor and to meet prerequisites.

Email unofficial transcripts and test scores to or bring them with you to a counseling appointment.

Official Transcripts and Test Scores

Folsom Lake College requires official transcripts and test scores from colleges and universities outside of Los Rios if you are pursuing a degree or certificate, plan to apply for financial aid, or receive veterans educational benefits.

Send official transcripts and test scores to:

Folsom Lake College
Attn: Evaluations
10 College Parkway
Folsom, CA 95630

Official transcripts can also be sent electronically to, but they must come directly from the college or university.

Contact Admissions and Records at (916) 608-6501 if you have questions.

Transfer Credit Acceptance

We accept coursework from colleges and universities that are accredited by the following regional bodies:

  • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC)
  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
  • WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)

We do not accept coursework that is remedial or post-baccalaureate in nature. Transfer credit may not be reflected on your records, but it is kept on file for use in completion of degrees or certificates.

Foreign Transcript Evaluation

Students who want to use coursework from a foreign college or university need to have their transcript(s) evaluated. We do not give credit for coursework that is from high school, remedial, or post-baccalaureate in nature.

We accept transcript evaluations from companies that are current members of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE). When you get your transcript evaluated, make sure you ask for:

  • A course by course evaluation
  • A breakdown of coursework into general education academic areas
  • Whether unit values are in semester or quarter units
  • What coursework is lower division, upper division, or graduate level

Send official foreign transcript evaluations to:

Folsom Lake College
Attn: Evaluations
10 College Parkway
Folsom, CA 95630