Skip to Content
Home Admissions Placement English Placement

You will be placed into an English composition class based on your skill level. You can view your placement results in your eServices account. From your eServices dashboard, click on the Academic Records tile, then select the Placements tab.

View the FLC English Tree Sequence.

Transfer Bound Students

To get started on transfer-level coursework, it is recommended that you take ENGWR 300 - College Composition. In addition, an honors option, ENGWR 480 - Honors College Composition, is available.

An English writing (ENGWR) corequisite class is required for those students needing additional support:

  • ENGWR 33 - Support for College Composition

If you placed into ENGWR 33 - Support for College Composition, you can still complete transfer-level English in one semester; you must take both ENGWR 300 and ENGWR 33 concurrently. The topics for ENGWR 33 are intended to help you develop the skills and understanding necessary for success in ENGWR 300. 

Skill Builder Courses

For those students who could use additional help with English writing skills, the following courses are open access courses:

  • ENGWR 39 - Basic Writing Skill Development
  • ENGWR 46 - Individualized Writing Skills
  • ENGWR 47 - Individualized Spelling Skills
  • ENGWR 48 - Individualized Vocabulary Skills
  • ENGLB 71 - Reading and Writing Across the Curriculum