Students Helping Students
Do you excel in a particular subject? Do you enjoy helping others? Consider applying to be a tutor! We believe in the importance of students helping students.
The benefits of becoming a tutor include receiving an hourly wage, having a convenient job site, being part of a collaborative community, retaining subject area competency, and feeling good about helping others. Tutoring is a wonderful experience to add to a resume and may give you an advantage over your peers when it comes time to apply for internships and other professional opportunities.
- In order to be a tutor for a particular course, you need to have earned a grade of B or higher in the course and be recommended by the instructor.
- If you are hired:
- You will be required to enroll in LTAT 310 Introduction to Individual Peer Tutoring. This is a 1 unit online course designed to familiarize yourself with your role as a tutor and methods of effective tutoring.
- You should expect to work a minimum of 3 hours per week.
- You should expect to commit to at least an entire semester.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the FLC Tutor Application.
- Email your faculty reference the provided template asking them to complete a Letter of Recommendation form.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within 1-2 weeks.
- If you are invited to an interview, please bring a completed availability schedule (you will be provided with this form).
- After reviewing interview notes, we will inform you of our decision. This may take 1-2 weeks.
If you have any questions about tutoring, please contact:
Learning Skills Coordinator
Phone: (916) 608-6807
Office Location: Main Folsom campus, Cypress Hall FL2-246