Folsom Lake College offers the fundamental communication courses for proficiency in Spanish. Students will be able to understand the spoken language and to speak, read, and write at a proficient level.
Spanish leads as the most career-applicable foreign language in the State of California. Spanish speaker demographics remain the most stable and fastest growing.
- Bilingual Education/Teacher’s Aide
- Bilingual Telecommunications
- Emergency Services
- Foreign Language Teacher
- Foreign Service
- Import & Export
- Intelligence/Military Service
- International Business
- IRS/State Franchise Tax Board
- Law Enforcement/Correctional Officer
- Overseas Employment: Business & Commerce
- Social Security Officer
- Social Service
- Translating & Interpreting
Some career options may require more than two years of college study.
- State-of-the-art pedagogical materials, technology, and facilities
- Spanish department includes nationally published and recognized scholars in the area of methodology. Faculty are internationally trained at native scholar quality.
- Spanish is established internationally as one of the three most desirable languages in the global economy.