Study in Florence, Italy
- May 25, 2024 through June 30, 2024
- Florence, Italy
- (includes housing and fees associated with all group activities. Airfare is extra but a group flight from SFO to Florence will be offered.)
About the Program
Florence is an exciting city in which to live and study. On an afternoon stroll through the streets of Florence, which is set amidst the golden hills of Tuscany, you can admire the architecture of Giotto and Baroque sculptures adorning the fountains of the city. You can linger in at the Uffizi Gallery with its vast collection of paintings and sculptures, and view the magnificent Santa Croce, where Galileo, Michelangelo, and Machiavelli are buried. Discuss art with Florentine painters in their studios and explore the bookshops near Via Cavour, and visit one of the most popular spots in Florence, the Ponte Vecchio, a 14th-century bridge spanning the River Arno.
Spots in the program fill quickly! Please email or text Professor Diana Reed at email@example.com or (916) 600-8581 to access the registration link and confirm there is still space available in the program.
- $450 deposit Due: March 1, 2024
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
- All Program Costs Due: March 29, 2024
- Departure: May 25, 2024
- Return: June 30, 2024
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Guided tours of the Uffizi Gallery, the Bargello National Museum, Brunelleschi's Dome, and the Academia Gallery
- A 3-day/2-night excursion to Rome including round-trip transportation, accommodation in hotel rooms with daily breakfast, guided tours of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Vatican Museum
- Guided full-day excursions from Florence to the Chianti wine region and medieval towns of Siena and San Gimignano
- A full-day guided excursion to Chianti, visits to two vineyards for wine an olive oil tasting, and a Tuscan lunch
- A survival Italian language class
- A 4-unit Cosumnes River College transferable Italian Culture and History class (HIST 399)
- Lodging in a centrally-located apartment with other Los Rios students
Scholarships are available through the Gilman International Scholarship Program and the Los Rios Foundation. The Gilman program application closes in March with awards announced in April/May. The Los Rios scholarship opens mid-January and closes late February with awards announced in March. Another scholarship opportunity is through the Fund for Education Abroad.