The Rancho Cordova Promise offers Rancho Cordova residents who graduate from high school between 2021 and 2023 to attend their first two years of college fee-free (6 to 18 units per semester for the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 academic years). The program has also been expanded to include residents who are Veterans, whether they are new or continuing students. Rancho Cordova Promise is funded by the City of Rancho Cordova's Community Enhancement & Investment Fund, a ½-cent local sales tax measure that was approved by Rancho Cordova citizens in November 2014 and provides locally-controlled funds for local priorities. The Rancho Cordova Promise is a member of the Northern California College Promise Coalition.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a current Rancho Cordova resident
- Visit Sacramento County's online map tool and enter your address in the search box. If the property information shows as the "Jurisdiction" of Rancho Cordova, then your address qualifies. Please note that Folsom Lake College reserves the right to request official documentation of your legal residence.
- Have graduated high school or received a GED during the previous academic school year (July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023). Note: High school location does not need to be in Rancho Cordova.
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 units at Folsom Lake College or its educational centers, the Rancho Cordova Center or the El Dorado Center, for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Student must pass a minimum of 6 units to remain eligible for subsequent semesters.
* Courses taken during high school (through dual enrollment, advanced education, and so on) are considered "pre-college" and do not prevent you from taking advantage of the Rancho Cordova Promise.
The program has been expanded to include Rancho Cordova residents (using the same tool linked above) who are Veterans, including both full-time and continuing students.
Each Rancho Cordova Promise student will be awarded up to $887.50 for up to four semesters, which includes:
- Tuition/enrollment fee of $46/unit (as determined by California Legislature) x 18 units/max
- $20 Health Services Fee
- $2 Student Representation Fee
- $37.50 Universal Transit Pass Fee (based on a 15+ unit load)
Student must successfully pass (with a grade of C or better) a minimum of 6 units to receive funding for the subsequent semester (maximum of $887.50/semester).
2023-24 Rancho Cordova Promise applications will be accepted November 1, 2022 to August 1, 2023.
Steps to Apply
- Apply to Folsom Lake College online through CCC Apply.
- After you receive a student ID number, submit the Rancho Cordova Promise application online.
- Apply for financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are not a US citizen or permanent US resident, then you should fill out the California Dream Act Application instead of the FAFSA.
After you submit your college application, Rancho Cordova Promise application, and financial aid application, you will get a confirmation message in eServices notifying you of your Rancho Cordova Promise eligibility.
For questions regarding the Rancho Cordova Promise only, please contact:
Admissions & Records
Phone: (916) 361-6337