Skip to Content
Home Admissions Financial Aid and Fees California Dream Act

Get Financial Aid With the California Dream Act (CADA)

The California Dream Act Application (CADAA) is an application to receive financial aid, similar to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students should only complete one of these financial aid applications – not both. The CADAA is the correct application for you if you:

  • Are undocumented
  • Have a valid or expired DACA status
  • Are a U visa holder
  • Have Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • Meet the non-resident exemption requirements under AB 540, AB 2000, or SB 68

If none of these describe you, then you may be eligible to submit the FAFSA.

About the Laws