The FLC campus has a quiet space that individuals may use for lactation (to pump or nurse in private), prayer, or meditation. Students and staff must visit the front counseling desk in building Aspen Hall FL1 to request use of the room. The space is available during regular business hours (typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) when the counseling department is open.
- Comfortable chair
- Side Table with built in electrical outlet and phone charger
- Soft lighting
- Yoga Mats
- Meditation Cushion
- Prayer Rugs
- Please limit your visit to 30 minutes to ensure others have access to the space.
- While water bottles are permitted, please refrain from eating or drinking other beverages in this space.
- Please remove your shoes upon entering the room (a shoe rack is available inside, next to the door.)
- If you use room supplies or move furniture, please return all items to their original location.
- Candles, burning oils, incense or any other flammable items are not permitted.
- You may use your phone for reflection, meditation, prayer, or emergency purposes. Please be mindful of volume levels in the room.
- Please be mindful of how you use this space for reflection, meditation, and prayer purposes only.
- FLC is not responsible for any lost items left behind.
Relaxation and Meditation Apps
Headspace is meditation made simple. Learn online, when you want, wherever you are, in just 10 minutes a day. Headspace is your very own personal trainer, here to help you train your mind. You can even fit it in your pocket with the free app.
InsightTimer is a free meditation timer app. Imagine the sound of beautiful Tibetan singing bowls, with your attention focused inward, gently and peacefully guiding you through your free guided meditations. If you're new to meditation, you'll find introductory guided meditations and a supportive community to help you get started.
Questions? Please call: (916) 608-6713.
Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Dependent if office staff are in
Main Folsom Campus
Aspen Hall FL1-53