Skip to Content


Print Options

Admission with Transfer Credit

Students who desire academic credit for courses taken at other regionally accredited colleges and universities must submit official transcripts of that work to the Admissions & Records office. It is the student's responsibility to initiate a request to each institution asking that an official transcript of their work be sent directly to:

Folsom Lake College
ATTN: Evaluations
10 College Parkway
Folsom, CA 95630

To be credited by Folsom Lake College, the coursework must meet the following criteria:

  • The course(s) must have been taken at a regionally accredited college or university.
  • The course(s) must be at the undergraduate level.
  • The course(s) must have been completed with a grade of D or higher. All transferred grades (including Fs) will be used in the calculation of units attempted, units completed, and the grade point average.
  • For determination of course applicability/equivalency, student must meet with a counselor.

Students who have completed college- or university-level courses outside of the United States and who are requesting credit must have those transcripts evaluated by a Foreign Credit Evaluation Service. Folsom Lake College will accept a foreign transcript evaluation from a current member of Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) or National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

Credit for coursework/degrees will be granted if it is determined to be equivalent to that of a regionally accredited college or university in the US and is at the baccalaureate level. Once received by Folsom Lake College, the evaluation becomes property of the college and is treated in the same manner as an official transcript.