Skip to Content

On-Campus Services

Students can access services both online and in-person for the Fall 2021 semester. Limited in-person support services are available by appointment only - contact the department directly or visit the Reopening webpage for more information. Face masks are required inside all FLC facilities.

Note: As of October 1, 2021, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all Los Rios students and employees to access district and college facilities. For more information, go to the Vaccine webpage.

What is Advanced Education?

Advanced Education is a program for current high school students who are interested in taking classes at Folsom Lake College. To be eligible, the student must be at least 16 years old and/or have completed 10th grade. Advanced education students may enroll in one or two college courses each semester (across the Los Rios District).

Application Deadlines

Spring 2022
Accepting applications for Spring from November 1, 2021 through January 7, 2022.


  1. No self-enrollment: high school students cannot add themselves into classes. The Admissions Office staff will register students into classes after approval. The Advanced Education hold is not removed while student is still enrolled in high school.
  2. Emailing the packet: the Advanced Education application packet must be emailed to FLC from the high school counselor, after their approval, using their high school email.
  3. Other Los Rios colleges: advanced education approval and enrollment is college specific – FLC cannot process enrollments for classes at other Los Rios colleges. If you are requesting to add a class at another Los Rios college, please follow their instructions for enrollment and use a separate application.

Vaccination Requirement

As of October 1, 2021, all Los Rios students who attend in-person classes or access in-person services must meet the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, either by being vaccinated or having an approved religious or medical exemption on file.

How to Apply

Step 1: Apply to FLC and Login to eServices to Set Up Your Account

New Advanced Education Students (or Returning after an Absence)

  1. Apply to Folsom Lake College using OpenCCC.
  2. Look for two emails
    1. one from OpenCCC with general instructions on what to do next.
    2. the other from Los Rios Community College District with your Los Rios Student ID number.
      IMPORTANT: When you set up your OpenCCC account, you will receive a CCCID number that looks like this: BFG9116. This is NOT your Los Rios Student ID number. Your Los Rios ID number will look like this: W1932244. 
  3. After receiving your Los Rios ID number, follow the directions in the email to login to eServices.
  4. When logged in for the first time, click on the Tasks tile and click on Select Major (where you must select your FLC major).

Continuing Students

  1. Login to eServices.
  2. Complete the 'Supplemental Enrollment Information Form' located in the Tasks tile.

Step 2: Complete the Advanced Education Application (PDF)

Students must complete the Student section of the Advanced Education Application, including typed signatures for Parent and Student. The student then emails the Advanced Education application to their high school counselor or other designee for approval. Make sure the required class details are included, e.g., class name and class number, such as BIOL 300 #23224.

Please review the Policies and Guidelines pertaining to the Advanced Education program.

How to Complete the Application

  1. Open the link with any modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge. We will be using Chrome as our example.
  2. Open the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader (free). Download for mobile devices or desktop computers.
  3. Fill in the required fields.
  4. To save the filled in document, choose the download arrow in the very top right of the screen and select "Edited". 
    Save filled in PDF
  5. Then choose a save location on your computer and then attach to an email.
  6. Attach the saved file to an email to your high school counselor.

Step 3: Meet with Your High School Counselor

Your High School counselor will fill out their portion of Advanced Education Application. They will submit your application to Folsom Lake College at using their school email.

(High School Counselors should CC both the students and parent when emailing the college.)

The email must have the following attachments:

  • Completed Advanced Education Application (PDF), including up to six (6) courses approved for enrollment with the Class Name and Class Number. Example: SOC 300, #22323.
  • High school transcript (unofficial).
  • Private School Affidavit, when applicable.
  • Age documentation of 16 years of age or older when not displayed on the transcript.

Step 4: Course Enrollment

Admissions & Records will enroll students based on:

  1. Their requested class(es).
  2. The date/time of their priority registration appointment (the priority 3 registration window).

If you are applying after the priority registration period is over, enrollment will be processed within 5 business days.


Advanced Education students have their tuition fees waived; however, they are responsible for the payment of additional fees, including the Universal Transit Pass (UTP) and student representation fee. Students should pay fees in their eServices account using a debit or credit card.

Note: High school students are exempt from fees associated with being a California non-resident; international student tuition is not waived.

Waitlisted or Full Classes

If the classes that were originally approved are full or waitlisted, FLC will accept secondary approvals directly from the high school counselor or designee via email. The counselor should include student name, student ID number, class name & number, and CC the parent and student in the email.

More About Enrollment

Satisfy Course Prerequisites

Your placements into English and Math are primarily based on your high school GPA. If you are taking English and/or Math, we will process your placement and it will be visible in eServices. To view placements, log in to eServices, click on Student Center tile and your placements are displayed in the Assessment Placements section.


Advanced education students qualify for priority registration as Priority 3. Advanced education students who have completed the application process will be enrolled during Priority 3 by Admissions and Records. You will receive an email confirmation upon enrollment.


  • You have completed the 10th grade or will be at least 16 years old by the first day of instruction.
  • The course you want to take is not available to you at your school.
  • The course is not remedial (1-99 classes).
  • The course is not being repeated due to an unsatisfactory grade.
  • The course is for advanced study and you are able to demonstrate adequate preparation and completed prerequisites for the course.

Questions About the Process?

Call FLC Admissions & Records at (916) 608-6501. Our Call Center is open for phone calls Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Fridays 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I retake a class I failed at my high school at FLC through Advanced Education?

No. LRCCD policy states that students cannot enroll in courses requiring repetition due to unsatisfactory grades (D or F) received at the student’s high school.

I am undocumented, can I participate in the Advanced Education program?

Yes! Advanced Education students who are classified as California residents are exempt from the enrollment fee.

See LRCCD board regulation R-2212 for more details.

I am a parent, can I call to inquire on the status of my students’ application?

No. Under Section 49061 of the Education Code, parents of community college students do not have a right of access to their children's student records, regardless of whether the student is under the age of 18. This includes Advanced Education.

I am an International Student. Can I take Advanced Education courses?

International students seeking to attend FLC under the Advanced Education program should first consult with their high school international student advisor to determine if the FLC coursework will be appropriate. International students are responsible for paying non-resident tuition, enrollment, and Universal Transit Pass (UTP) fees in addition to the student representation and health services fees (for fall and spring semesters). Other conditions may apply.

Student Records and Privacy

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and Section 49061 of the Education Code, parents of community college students do not have a right of access to their children's student records, regardless of whether the student is under the age of 18. See Access to Student Records for more information.