Folsom Lake College's Rising Scholars program is committed to serving students who have been impacted by the criminal justice system. We provide a variety of resources that help build solid pathways from incarceration to higher education — and beyond.
- Community: A group of likeminded people — students, professors, staff, community members — dedicated to lifting each other up
- Peer Support: Students who help students in a supportive environment
- Financial Aid Assistance: Access to financial aid
- Counseling: Access to a dedicated counselor, committed to navigating academic pathways
- Tutoring: Peer-to-peer tutoring
- Job Placement: Access to on and off-campus jobs
- Professional Networking: Meet professionals in the field of your choice
- Record Expungement: Access to professionals who specialize in clearing criminal records
- Tattoo Cover-ups: Opportunities to cover up gang and/or hate-related tattoos from our partners at Swan and Sword Tattoo
- Housing: Up-to-date housing options
- Volunteer Opportunities: Access to community organizations all over Northern California
The Rising Scholars program at Folsom Lake College is part of the statewide Rising Scholars Network.