Skip to Content
Home Why FLC Graduation and Transfer Transfer to a 4-Year College Transfer to a Private or Out-of-State College

Even if Folsom Lake College does not have a transfer agreement with a private or out-of-state college to which you want to transfer, you can probably receive academic credit for most of your community college classes. Most four-year institutions give full credit for general education courses and other courses designated for transfer at community college.

In addition, many out-of-state colleges participate in the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), which offers discounts to California students in certain majors.

Find Out Transfer Requirements

Many colleges require transfer students to have completed a certain number of units, so make sure you check the requirements of the college to which you want to transfer. Transfer requirements are generally outlined in a college's catalog.

Talk to Your Counselor

Talk to a counselor to learn more about transferring to a private or out-of-state college.

Counseling Office

You may be able to find college catalogs for schools in which you are interested in the Career & Transfer Center.