Skip to Content

What is Articulation?

Course articulation is the process by which one college matches its courses to courses at another college. Students use course articulation to make sure that courses they take at one college will not have to be repeated when they transfer to another college.

If you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, then you will probably take articulated courses for general education and major preparation.

Articulation Agreements

Many colleges have articulation agreements (also called transfer course agreements), which define which courses they consider comparable. We have articulation agreements with University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), and some accredited private and out-of-state colleges.

CSU and UC Articulation Agreements

You can find articulation agreements between Folsom Lake College and both California State University and University of California at The website is undergoing an update, so you can use the following links to find transferability information for the current academic year:

University of California transfer information

California State University transfer information


For more information about articulation, contact Bernie Day at or (916) 608-6579.