Every semester, Rachel Stewart (SCC WorkAbility III coordinator/counselor) teaches a one-unit, 5-week long course:
Human Career Development (HCD) 330: Life and Career Planning
The class is open to any student with a disability. You do not need to be participating in WAIII to enroll.
This HCD 330 course is designed to support students with disabilities in finding their place in the world of work. Tools will be provided to help you identify your career goal and succeed in that career.
During this class, we will:
- explore career assessments
- research different careers
- create an action plan for how to achieve your career goal
- develop an employment portfolio geared towards a particular job
Information and resources will be provided to help you:
- understand different ways of viewing disability
- develop confidence
- interview well
- maintain professionalism in the workplace
- know your employment rights
- understand reasonable accommodations
Spring 2023 Notice
For the Spring 2023 semester, the class will be taught in an online synchronous format. This means that you will be required to meet on Zoom during the scheduled class times (we will not be meeting in person). You will also have access to additional resources and materials on the Canvas online learning platform.
HCD 330: Life and Career Planning
Sacramento City College
Online Synchronous - class will meet virtually on Zoom
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Class starts February 23, 2023 and goes until April 4, 2023
Section #: 16495
If you’d like to enroll, please contact Rachel Stewart to request a permission number: StewarR@scc.losrios.edu.