In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Los Rios Colleges have begun 100% remote operations including moving all classes and student services online until further notice.
The Reading & Writing Center is a supportive and personalized learning environment where students receive innovative, quality instruction in reading, writing, and language skills from English faculty and trained tutors with degrees. See the English Center for the El Dorado Center's specific information. Students can take one of the self-paced, individualized English lab courses listed below:
- ENGLB 71 Supplementary Reading & Writing Lab (.5 or 1 units)
- ENGRD 18 Individualized Reading (1 or 2 units)
- ENGWR 39 Basic Writing Skill Development (2 units)
- ENGWR 46 Individualized Writing (1.5 units)
- ENGWR 47 Individualized Spelling (1 unit)
- ENGWR 48 Individualized Vocabulary (1.5 units)
During the summer session, we offer drop-in help with reading and writing assignments in many subjects, including: English, history, psychology, philosophy, humanities, early childhood education, and more.
Our center has a spacious room with tables and chairs for individual work, breakout rooms for low volume group work, as well as computer stations for word processing, electronic library research, online access, and printing.
Workshops & Seminars
There are no upcoming events at this time.