Academic Probation, Progress Probation, and Dismissal are to be taken seriously. You will be notified through your Los Rios Gmail if you are in any of these academic standings. You can view your academic standing on your unofficial transcript after grades are posted each semester. Visit eServices to review your transcript.
- Academic Probation and Academic Dismissal (AP1, AP2, AD)
- Students who have attempted at least 12 semester units, and whose cumulative GPA is below 2.0, will be placed on Academic Probation 1 (AP1).
- After the second consecutive semester of a cumulative GPA below 2.0, student will be placed on Academic Probation 2 (AP2).
- After the third consecutive semester, students are placed on Academic Dismissal (AD).
- When the overall GPA improves to 2.0 or higher, the student returns to Good Standing.
- Progress Probation and Progress Dismissal (PP1, PP2, PD)
- Students who have attempted at least 12 semester units are placed on Progress Probation 1 (PP1) when W, I, and NP grades are recorded in one half or more of all units in which a student has enrolled.
- After the second consecutive semester, students fall into Progress Probation 2 (PP2).
- After the third consecutive semester, students are placed on Progress Dismissal (PD).
- When the overall FLC transcript has less than one half of W, I, or NP grades, the student returns to Good Standing.
Students who are placed on Academic Probation 2, Progress Probation 2, or Dismissal:
- Will lose priority registration as a continuing student and will only be able to register for classes during open enrollment (which is later than priority 1 and 2)
- May lose their California College Promise Grant eligibility
Students who have a term GPA of 2.0 and have completed more than half the attempted units for the term may appeal their loss of priority registration or the California College Promise Grant.
How to Address Your Probation or Dismissal Hold
Probation 1 (AP1, PP1)
Attend a one hour PASS Workshop, discuss success strategies and future consequences.
Probation 2 (AP2, PP2)
Meet with a Counselor and update your Student Educational Plan.
Dismissal (AD, PD)
Meet with a PASS Counselor, complete a Readmit Petition and update your Student Educational Plan.
Resources For Students at Risk of Probation or Dismissal
Are you at risk of probation or dismissal? FLC has programs in place to support you and help get you back on track.
PASS (Program for Academic Success and Support)
PASS supports students who fall into probation or dismissal status, to get them back on track and return to Good Standing.
Starfish Early Alert
The Folsom Lake College Starfish Early Alert program is designed to identify students in need of support and inform them of resources available to aid their success.