How to Petition for Graduation
Completing your degree or certificate requirements? All students who have completed the requirements for their Certificate, Associates Degree (AA/AS), and/or Associates Degree for Transfer (AA/AS-T) MUST initiate a petition for graduation.
Spring 2022: Friday, March 4, 2022
Summer 2022: Friday, June 17, 2022
Fall 2022: Friday, October 7, 2022
Petitions should be submitted either within the same semester you are completing all requirements or after all requirements have been met.
- Student must have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA (for all degree-applicable coursework completed)
- Student must have 12 degree-applicable units completed in residence at Folsom Lake College
- Student must have 60 degree-applicable units completed, including Math and English Composition with grades of C or better
How to Apply
- Online by completing the online forms below
- Through an appointment with an FLC counselor. Schedule early. Appointments fill up fast! Call (916) 608-6510
Things to Remember When Applying
- Submit your petition by the deadline. Students completing a degree or certificate must submit a graduation petition.
- It is highly recommended that students who have transcripts from a college/university outside of Los Rios meet with a counselor for petition submission or prior to completing the online form.
- If you have IB, CLEP and/or AP test scores or a DD214, make sure your official documents are on file at FLC’s Admissions and Records Office.
Documents You Will Need to Complete the Online Petition
- Print out your unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges attended. You will use this to fill out the specific courses you have completed (or are currently in progress) that count toward the degree and general education requirements for your major or program of study.
- Have copies of your IB, CLEP, and/or AP test scores available (make sure they are on file with FLC’s Admissions and Records Office).
- View our majors with listed requirements
Monday through Thursday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Main Folsom campus
Admissions & Records, Aspen Hall FL-1
El Dorado Center
Rancho Cordova Center