Folsom Lake College's broad-based management curriculum offers introductory and specialized courses ranging from studies of standard corporate organization to analyzing the small business. Managers help organizations achieve their objectives through effective planning, organizing, directing, and controlling. The management program attempts to develop an understanding of the importance and diversity of its related fields.
This program prepares students for entry into a company management training program and upgrades the skills of those already working in industry, allowing them to advance to supervisory positions. Students planning vocations in personnel services or analyst positions in state or federal government service should also consider this degree program.
- Branch Manager
- Department Manager
- Front-line Supervisor
- Office Manager
- Plant Manager
- Project Manager
- Purchasing Agents and Buyers
- Purchasing Clerk
- Purchasing Managers
- Shift Supervisor
- Small Business Owner/Manager
Some career options may require more than two years of college study.
- Additional training in courses acceptable as electives for civil service professional occupations
- Hands-on experience in the use of computers for business purposes
- Opportunities for work experience in local industry, business, and government
- A lab with tutorial assistance