National Suicide Prevention Month
September 11, 2020
- Crisis Text Line: Text "COURAGE" to 741741 for 24/7 mental health support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call (800) 273-8255 for 24/7 support for people in distress.
- CampusWell: Our student health magazine covering current health topics, including a self-care guide
- Mindwise: A self-screening mental health tool with self-care resources
- California Peer-Run Warm Line: Immediate, free non-emergency emotional support available via telephone or instant messaging
Write Your Way to Wellness
Tuesday, September 22, 12:00-1:00pm, Zoom
This workshop demonstrates the therapeutic power of wellness writing, and gives you time to decompress when life’s many demands overwhelm. Come discover wellness writing, with just pens, pencils, and paper. Hosted by: Tom Goff (Reading & Writing Center) and Mary Hansen (Health & Wellness Services).
Meet Your Health Resources
Wednesday, September 23, 11:00am-12:30pm, Zoom
Meet the Los Rios Health & Wellness Services staff as well as some of our community partners. Learn how to connect with much-needed services remotely and in-person in the region. We are here for you!
How to Ground Yourself Even When Things Are Falling Apart
Thursday, September 24, 12:00-1:00pm, Zoom. Pre-Register
This workshop will offer you a safe space to explore your feelings during these uncertain times, and invite you to meet yourself with greater compassion and acceptance. Participants will receive coping resources, explore experiential “grounding” skill-building, and have the opportunity to build connections to yourself and others. Hosted by: Dr. Tameka Jackson and Mary Hansen (Health & Wellness Services).
Health & Wellness Services
Our Health & Wellness services address all aspects of wellness: mind, body, spirit, environment, intellectual, vocational/occupational, and social.
Campus.Health by TimelyMD
We have partnered with Campus.Health by TimelyMD to provide 24/7 medical and mental telehealth care for all students as part of our Health Services program. This service is funded by the Health Services Fee.