In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Los Rios Colleges have begun 100% remote operations including moving all classes and student services online until further notice.
May through July 2020 ESL Online Placement Schedule
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Online Placement process is for students whose native language is not English and who wish to enroll in ESL classes. Students will complete the process at home and will need a laptop or computer. Completing the placement process using a phone is not recommended.
The ESL placement session begins with multiple choice questions about your academic background, your listening and speaking skills, your reading skills, and your writing skills. Then, students complete a writing sample for which they will have 50 minutes. Allow 2 hours for the placement process. Placement results are available one to two weeks after completing the test. Your results will be available in your eServices account, Academic Records tile, Placements tab.
In order to complete the English as a Second Language Placement process, students must do the following:
- Complete an application for Folsom Lake College if you are a new student or the supplemental application if you are a continuing student.
- Obtain your student id number. Check your emails from the Los Rios Community College District.
- Review the test dates and times below. Once you have selected the test date and time that you want, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must be sent no later than noon the day before the test.
- Include your name in the email
- Include your student id number in the email
- Include the date and time of the test date that you are requesting
- You will then receive a confirmation email with instructions for signing into the test for the test date and time you select.
- Review the ESL Study Guide to better prepare for the test.
|Friday May 15, 2020||10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday May 19, 2020||2:00 to 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday May 26, 2020||6:00 to 8:00 pm|
|Friday May 29, 2020||10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday June 9, 2020||10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Friday June 26, 2020||10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Friday July 10, 2020||10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday July 21, 2020||2:00 to 4:00 pm|