The Folsom Lake College library curriculum teaches vital research skills that enable students to achieve success in their college classes, careers, and day-to-day lives. Students will gain “research survival skills” to cope with the information-rich environment in which we live. They will develop the ability to access information from a broad range of resources and to evaluate this information and its sources. Course study will include information from print, online subscription databases, and the internet.
FLC Librarians also offer non-credit library instruction sessions demonstrating the use of library resources and the internet. Please stop by the reference desk to pick up a helpful handout, obtain individual assistance, or for more information.
- Librarian (elementary through university, public and private)
Some career options may require more than two years of college study.
- Identify library services
- Construct and implement effective search strategies
- Recognize that there are a variety of types of formats of potential sources of information
- Select the most appropriate search systems for accessing the needed information
- Retrieve information online or in person using a variety of methods