The Folsom Lake College human/career development curriculum is designed to assist students with recognizing their full potential through developing self-awareness, educational management, and lifelong independent career planning skills. Instruction includes obtaining skills necessary to succeed in college and make positive and productive work/life decisions.
- Understanding of how changes in the workplace impact career change and lifelong transition
- Obtain knowledge and skills needed to succeed in college
- Career exploration and research to assist with career planning and decision making
- Awareness of skills and competencies required for effective and competitive workplace performance
- Addresses balanced lifestyle concepts and their relationship to job satisfaction and work/life success
- Support strategies for those with learning disabilities