Emergency Medical Technology
Folsom Lake College's emergency medical technology curriculum is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to apply for certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic and is recognized by the El Dorado County EMS Authority, which is the certifying agency in El Dorado County. This course is an approved EMT Program as defined by the State of California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 9. Prehospital Emergency Medical Services Chapter 2. Emergency Medical Technician Training.
- EMT Basic
- Emergency Room Technician
- Fire Service
With additional training:
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher
- Physician Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Rescue Worker
- Hands-on experience in administering proper emergency medical care
- Preparation for the EMT Basic certificate
- Hospital emergency room observation time and opportunities to “ride along” in ambulances
- Opportunity for patient contact experience in a clinical setting
- Students completing the program average a pass rate for National Certification that is 25% above the national average.
Approximate costs to EMT students. This is intended as a rough guide. There may be additional expenses, and the information below is subject to change.
|Textbook||$191-$296||Digital Copies are cheaper to purchase|
|Uniforms||$40-$125||Depending on how many articles of clothing ordered|
|Shoes||$20-$50||Any closed toed shoes, non-steel toe|
|CastleBranch Processing Fees||$77||Background check and medical documents management|
|Drug Test Screening for Clinicals||$35|
|FISDAP Exams||$21||Culminating exams for midterm and final|
|El Dorado County EMS Agency Processing fees||$100||Licensing agency that conducts additional background and grants physical EMT licensure|
|NREMT Cognitive Exam||$70||Licensing exam to become certified|